SANCREED SPRING SHOW
Sunday 14th April, 2019
Open for entries 10-12am, judging 12-2pm, public viewing and refreshments 2-4pm
Price of entry 50p, or three entries for £1.00
1. A flowering camellia stem.
2. A bridesmaid bouquet 8 inch diameter maximum
3. A flower arrangement for an Easter dining table
4. A potted cactus or succulent
5. Three stems of herbs
6. A Raisin Malt Loaf from this given recipe:
8 oz. plain flour
1\4 level tsp. salt
1 oz. soft brown sugar
5oz. seedless raisins
2 oz. golden syrup
2 tbsps. malt
1\4 pint milk (approx.)
1 level tsp. bicarbonate of soda.
Set the oven temperature: warm (325F, 160C, Fan 140C gas mark 3)
Grease and line an oblong cake tin about 8 1\2 by 4 1\2. inches.
Sift the flour, salt, sugar and bicarbonate of soda;add the raisins.
Melt the syrup and malt in half of the milk.
Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the milk mixture.
Gradually work in the dry ingredients, adding more milk if necessary to give a
sticky, stiff consistency. Put into the tin and bake in the middle of the oven
for 1-1 1\4 hours.
Keep for 24 hours before serving sliced and buttered.
7. Four Gluten Free Cheese Scones
8. A roasted Vegetable Quiche (Vegetarian)
9. Your Favourite Cake
10.Four Easter biscuits
11. A jar of jam (1lb/500gm) approx
12. A jar of marmalade (1lb/500gm) approx
13. A jar of chutney (1lb/500gm) approx
14. A jar of jelly (1lb/500gm) approx
15. A citrus curd (1lb/500gm) approx
16. A flavoured spirit in a bottle of your choice
17. 3 Large brown eggs
18. 3 Large white eggs
19. 3 Large any other colour egg
20. 3 Brown bantam eggs
21. 3 White bantam eggs
22. 3 Any other colour bantam eggs
23. 3 Duck eggs
24. 3 Goose eggs
25. Of a Hen egg
26. Of a Bantam egg
27. Of a Waterfowl egg
28. Our mining heritage
29. People at work
30. A rear view
31. A Sancreed landmark
32. A black and white portrait
ARTS AND CRAFTS:
33. A limerick describing your village or town
34. A handmade Easter card
35. A handmade tote bag
36. An appliqué seascape using any medium
37. A patchwork place mat
38. An A4 advertising poster for Sancreed using any medium
39. A brooch in any medium
40. An Easter garden on a plate
41. A decorated hen or duck's egg
42. 3 decorated Easter biscuits (maybe bought biscuits)
43. A photograph entitled 'Spring has sprung'
44. 'You've made it'. Any piece of art or craft work to be roughly the size of A4
1 - The exhibit must of course be all your own work - minimal help from granny allowed.